Always be led by your dreams:
Why is it so important that as women, we are led by our dreams.
In a world that is constantly evolving, where progress and empowerment are at the forefront of conversations, one thing remains constant: the undeniable potential within every woman’s dreams. Dreams hold extraordinary power, acting as catalysts for growth, resilience, and self-discovery. It is through the pursuit of these dreams that women can truly flourish and break free from societal constraints. By following their passions, women can pave the way for their own unique paths, creating a world that embraces diversity, inclusivity, and boundless opportunities.
In this blog, we delve into the compelling reasons why women should always be led by their dreams, empowering themselves and inspiring countless others along the way. Join us on this journey of self-actualization, where dreams become stepping stones towards a future filled with endless possibilities.
- Empowerment and Self-Actualization: Women should always be led by their dreams because it empowers them to pursue their passions and achieve their full potential. By following their dreams, women can tap into their unique talents, strengths, and interests, which ultimately leads to self-actualization and personal fulfillment.
- Breaking Societal Barriers: Historically, women have faced numerous societal barriers and gender-based limitations. Following their dreams allows women to challenge and break through these barriers, proving that they are capable of achieving greatness in any field or endeavor they choose.
- Role Modeling and Inspiration: When women lead by dreams, they become powerful role models for other women and girls. By pursuing their aspirations, women inspire others to believe in themselves, challenge stereotypes, and strive for their own dreams, creating a positive cycle of empowerment and encouragement.
- Contribution to Society: When women follow their dreams, they bring unique perspectives, talents, and ideas to various spheres of society. By actively participating in their chosen fields, women contribute their expertise and make valuable contributions, enhancing innovation, diversity, and overall societal progress.
- Redefining Success and Happiness: Women should be led by their dreams because it allows them to redefine success and happiness on their own terms. By prioritizing their dreams and aspirations, women can create fulfilling lives that align with their personal values, interests, and goals, rather than adhering to societal expectations or predefined notions of success. This empowers women to forge their own paths and live authentically.
What we are in Control and What Can We Do?
- Chase your passions fearlessly: Embrace your dreams wholeheartedly and let them guide you towards the life you’ve always envisioned. Don’t be afraid to take risks and pursue what truly makes your heart sing. #DreamsLeadTheWay
- Prioritize self-care: As a mother, it’s easy to put your own dreams on hold while focusing on your family. Remember, taking care of yourself is essential for achieving your goals. Make time for self-care rituals that rejuvenate your spirit and keep your dreams alive. #SelfCareforDreamers
- Set achievable milestones: Break down your dreams into smaller, manageable goals that you can work towards every day. Celebrate each milestone you reach, knowing that you’re one step closer to realizing your ultimate aspirations. #MilestonesToSuccess
- Embrace resilience and perseverance: The path to fulfilling your dreams may not always be smooth, but remember that setbacks and challenges are part of the journey. Embrace resilience, learn from failures, and never lose sight of your dreams. Your determination will lead you to extraordinary places. #DreamsNeverFade
- Surround yourself with a supportive tribe: Build a community of like-minded individuals who believe in your dreams and uplift you. Surround yourself with people who encourage and inspire you to keep pushing forward, even when the journey gets tough. #DreamersUnite
And while in this journey, one will find constantly in a tug of war, navigating through the many changes and curve ball life throws at you, there is One WORD that keeps the momentum going: To BELIEVE! It is worth it to start there..
Mothers’ Day : Honoring the Women We Know
This May, we want to celebrate Mother’s Day by shining the light and recognizing the mothers who have changed the narrative by choosing to pursue a career or take a career pause and have created a space to be recognized. Here are some inspiring women who have made an impact in their respective fields and on me over the last few months.
Lindsay Davis: Building FemTech Association of Asia
With charisma and aura surrounding her that you can’t skip noticing her in a room, Lindsay’s Lazar Sharp Focus on Creating a Space with thought Leadership, Community, and Amplification for the Fem Tech Industry and her ever Supporting hand in making the right introductions, sharing the space and creating a platform for respectful, mutual co-existence is just exemplary!
TWO WORDS THAT COME TO MIND: BELIEVER , DO-ER
To know more about her: Listen to her Podcast on Mangtas Nation
Join their Membership: https://linktr.ee/femtechassociationofasia
Lena Wong: Building HKMomtrepreneurs and Womenters
I have personally known Lena Wong Since the Early days of 2019. Working With her and her calm demeanor can drive a parallel comparison to the underlining vigor, fire 🔥 and perseverance this woman has and derives through her motherhood journey!
Join her in her quest and know more about her here: https://hkmomtrepreneurs.com/about-us/
TWO WORDS THAT COME TO MIND: MINDFUL, RESILIENT
I haven’t met her in person (yet), but I connected with her instantly. This fun-loving insanely experienced person in marketing, advertising, and events is looking to explore opportunities in Singapore in Medical Device Companies. And while she figures that out, she consciously, passionately, and happily volunteers and has so amazingly helped us for our upcoming event on May 25 and also other organizations in fundraising. She makes the most of this time by doing meaningful work that matters to her along with daily local travel itineraries of exploration with her children. Not just living the term of volunteering but doing it with her full heart and soul,
TWO WORDS THAT COME TO MIND: ( apart from me being grateful for her) : BOLD , INNOVATIVE
Nicole Denholder: Founder Next Chapter Raise & Sophia
Meetmumz first presence on the digital World Wide Web beyond Facebook started with its crowdfunding campaign led by Next Chapter Raise and Nicole. The learnings and understanding of the financial space and the consistent ways to support small businesses, educate women, and create the need for women to be financial independent through their courses through Sophia. They are running a boot camp now- reach out to them here :
TWO WORDS THAT COME TO MIND : GOAL ORIENTED , DRIVEN
NEHA RUCH: FOUNDER MOTHER UNTITLED
I only found out about her recently when someone recommended her content. Getting introduced to the content at a time when i was personally struggling in finding meaning for all i envision to do, only helped me discover a different kind of foundation i wished to stand on. a perspective , a narrative i wasn’t exposed to yet and that has helped me feel more confident that the world is way too big to limit ourselves to set notions , set definitions, set paths , set motives or set destinations.
TWO WORDS THAT COME TO MIND: IMPACTFUL, STRENGTH
I was introduced to Madhurr through chat groups and later found that she was also a user of the platform. her marketing expertise knowledge and my quest to understand the challenges we started discussions that lasted a few months and started a test project called mumz box of love. It was through these months thatIi understood the power of believing in our instincts and acknowledging this super power as a mother for the career choices we make.
You can reach out to her here :
TWO WORDS THAT COME TO MIND : INTUITIVE, STRATEGIC
Lavania HAJJI: FOUNDER DANCE EMBASSY AND TINTED WATEVA
Again because of the opportunity of meetmumz, I met her, and like with some people you just hit it off. like two peas in a pod, with a similar passion, a similar mindset, and similar directions and instead of competition believe in collaborative co-existence. As a new mother, she has not just survived but created a way to thrive. through her daily struggles, managing two businesses, two children one being a newborn, fitness and fun and not forgetting ( i hope) taking care of herself.. two words that come to mind as she builds Dance Embassy and Tinted Wateva:
See her here:
TWO WORDS THAT COME TO MIND: CONNECTOR, THRIVE
The Meaningfully Biased Mention:
Camille Faylona : FOUNDER CAMPFIRE.CRATES & MOTHER/FOUNDER
Camille Faylona: Our paths crossed back in the days and you can read more about her journey ( click here) and her heritage ( click here) . I am sure this is not the last post and there will be more that we both continue to learn from each other. running and building two businesses, raising two children, organizing and managing of a household and all the overwhelm that comes with it , two words that come to mind with her as she runs campfire crates and mother founder are :
TWO WORDS THAT COME TO MIND: BOUNDARIES, PROCESSES
And though no reason is needed, but, because we need to be able to stand head high for ourselves and Shine the light, the last one is Yours truly
This is my special year birthday and I am blessed that it may have taken long, but because of my corporate and entrepreneurial experiences, technology to business management experiences, consultant and engineering experiences, single, married, and a mother of two experiences, tasting failures and successes, stable location and relocations experiences, I believe it’s taken all these years in the making that I strongly truly believe :
I am happy BEing.
HAPPY MOTHER’s DAY TODAY, THIS MONTH, THIS YEAR.
What two words come to your mind for me.. Would love to know.
P.s. if you wish to meet me: find us on May 25, Robertson Quay : https://www.eventbrite.sg/e/at-crossroads-be-a-founder-or-get-back-to-work-tickets-590689577427
1-4 pm at Crossroads Conference!
4-6 pm open to the public for walk-ins to support other businesses owned by mothers.
Read Our Latest Blog on Motherhood & Career : It is what you see it is!: