What’s your story?
I started the journey from Finance career to being full-time mom and from founding a charity to running my own business.
How & Why did you start your company/passion work? Did you have a crossroad moment?
I didn’t have any crossroad moments, my two girls have always been the biggest motivations for me. As a result, after investing the first few years focusing on the family and accompanying my two lovely daughters, I decided to be a good role model for my kids by showing them how to find my own values at work, eventually, I landed myself into the social innovation space by founding Hong Kong Momtrepreneurs, a non-profit organization that empowers mothers to continue having their venture. I later founded a new venture Womentors to build better workplaces for companies and professional women.
How do you bring BALANCE to your roles as MOTHER:FOUNDER:SELF?
As a mother of two girls, I’m passionate about building a more empathic world with more gratitude for the next generation. As an entrepreneur, I’m enthusiastic about the work I created and in my leisure time, I enjoy having a sip of coffee or wine with friends and am eager to learn.
What would you like to say to fellow mothers or women thinking of starting a business?
- Seek family members’ full support;2
- Take advantage of training and education;
- Know your limits and ask for professional help;
- Schedule work and family time to reach a work-life balance.
Would you like us to highlight previous/current accomplishments? ( personal/ professional)
· Solid experience in finance and social impact;
· Graduated from Simon Fraser University, Canada with BBA in Finance and Marketing;
· Served in a number of asset management firms specializing in serving HNWI and institutional clients;
· Obtained the qualification as a CFA charter holder;
· Led the pre-career initiatives for 100 Women in Finance in Hong Kong;
· Developed a strong passion for sustainability, especially for gender equality and diversity & inclusion;
· Served as a committee member and advisor in a number of organizations such as the HK Association of Business and Professional Women and AIESEC.
What are three words you would use to describe your experience of being a Mother/Founder ?
Accompanying, empathy, and sustainability.
Find & Know More about Lena and her brand!
Connect with her.